Monday, June 23, 2014

This new email-tracking feature gives salespeople NSA-like powers

Article

Cirrus Insight email tracking allows users to receive real-time notifications when someone opens an email; view the time/date, location, and device on which email opens occurred; and log email tracking-information to the activity history in Salesforce.



 So , you open a spam message , and before you even finish reading it you get a phone call from the guy who sent it . And he knows where you live , because you probably checked it at home , and he's in the neibourhood he'll be right over to talk to you about it , in fact , that's him knocking on your door right now ...

Yeah. That's not going to be good for me.

I see a lot of "weak willed" shall we say , people  ,who are too polite to be dealing with aggressive salesmen , they'll lose their shirts , it's like throwing a lion in with a lamb.

Lot of people going to stop checking their email entirely , and maybe even get rid of their cell phone , if this thing goes big.

Won't bother me though. If you arn't one of like five or six people I want to talk to , I don't answer the phone I reject the call. And I have no problem with just not opennign the door , demanding "who is it ?" before I let them in , and if it isn't a cop in full uniform , they aint getting in.

No comments: