Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Where's Ottawa Boy







One of my friends decided to get cute and google my location. I think it's this guy.


Wow, looks like quite the psycho killer. 
Anyways. He noticed a church in the back ground of that pic I posted showing my new apartment , and did a google search of churches and ottawa , and then  he checked out the roof top patterns and the cracks in the road (you can see the cracks around the sewar if you look out the window) and came up with an address ... that wasn't perfect , but it was really really close. He's only off by a few meters.

And the only tool he used was google (search and street view).
It's frightenning how much can be learned with a few google searches. It really is. I think we are in an age where information about ourselves is out of our control.

This guy is actually a good friend so I'm not worried about him tracking me down. But the fact that a few google searchs from a stray picture can find my address is of deep concern to us all , I think.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Off Topic: Have you and George head of this game: Nation States? You create your own country and engineer its growth by addressing issues. Here's my country:

http://www.nationstates.net/nation=maplevania