Tuesday, February 02, 2016

Google feels free with your credit card

article = none , personal experience

So I downloaded a "bejeweled" game of some kind from Google Play , the online store  on your android phone, and I played it a while. 
And after playing six levels on it , it told me I was out of power and needed to buy 20 bars of some kind. 
What bars ? 
Until this point , bars had not been mentioned in the game. There was no way to earn them , and no counter to say how many you had. Just a button that said "ok" or "Cancel".

Now , having heard of "pay to win" games that stop every now and then and demand money I was suspicious. But it didn't say anything about charging me money.  But there was no game value , just press yes and keep on playing. And when you play you earn points ,not these bars ? 

That's when I realized Google Play keeps demanding my credit card information every time i try to download anything (there's usually a tiny , hard to see "skip" button, it takes a few minutes to hunt around and find it , it's not at all obvious). And this game has access to my credit card (assuming I ever entered the information. ) 

This is unbelievable. These games are racking up your credit card, and there is NOTHING on the screen that says you're incurring any kind of extra charge. No wonder we keep seeing stories of some kid racking up 8000$ on his dad's credit card.  Why aren't these people being thrown in jail for fraud ! This is outragous ! 

I didn't just uninstall the game. I unintalled google play , as well , and Google services. 
If they're going to act like the classic "Den of theives" , I'm gonna treat them as such. Get that crap off my phone. 

No comments: